A Challenge from Lobelia Girls' Academy! (ロベリア女学院の挑戦, Roberia Jogakuin no Chōsen) is the ninth episode of the Ouran High School Host Club anime series. The episode is an adaptation of Chapter 10 of the manga.
On the first day of Ouran Academy's culture club exposition, while Haruhi is on a instant-coffee run for the Ouran Host Club she bumps into Benio Amakusa, the leader of St. Lobelia Academy's Zuka Club. Benio instantly reconizes that Haruhi is a girl and she, along with Chizuru Maihara and Hinako Tsuwabuki, try to convince Haruhi to leave Ouran all together and join St. Lobelia, believing that the host are just supressing her by making Haruhi act like a boy; they are also against everything that the Host Club does and stands for.
While Haruhi tries to defend the Host Club, it is shortly revealed that club has little history and make money from selling their belongings on a online auction. Finding out that the hosts took her mechanical pencil and sold it without asking, Haruhi becomes angry at the hosts and leaves with some "thinking to do." Convinced that they are going to lose Haruhi to the Zuka Club, the hosts come up with a plan.
The next day, the Zuka Club returns to take Haruhi and confront the Host Club but when they get to the club room they find the boys dress up as girls to show Haruhi that she will have a club of sister as well as brother at the Host Club, like a "two-in-one" system. While the Zuka Club find their actions insulting and useless, Haruhi finds it funny and reveals that she came to Ouran for a reason, and was never planning to leave for Lobelia in the first place; she only got angry at the hosts for taking her pencil without asking. Defeated but not out, the Zuka Club leave with a promise to win over Haruhi and to destory the Host Club.
Differences from the MangaEdit
- Renge Houshakuji doesn't appear in the manga chapter but she does appear in the anime, and even provides infomation about St. Lobelia Academy, stating that she has a fascination for girls-only schools.
- There isn't an exposition event happening in the manga, so the reason why the Zuka Club is at Ouran Academy in the first place is unknown. However, they get into the school by wearing the Ouran uniform.
- When the boys first meet the Zuka Club in the manga, they are hosting then the customers leave during their greeting. In the anime, there are not customers in the room.
- In the manga, Hinako spills coffee on to Tamaki rather then Tamaki accidentally dipping his finger in the cup. Haruhi doesn't bandage his finger up in the manga either.
- While all the boys apart from Mori dress up as girls in the anime, in the manga only Hikaru, Kaoru and Honey cross-dress; Tamaki and Kyoya wear suits like Mori.
- The reason why Haruhi left the club in her bitter mood in the manga was because she had to go to the supermarket. This isn't said in the anime.
- At the end of the manga chapter, the Zuka Club is seen coming up with a "four-in-one" plan, adding uncles and aunts to the hosts' plan. This isn't added in the anime.